CREVT-3 Comprehensive Receptive and Expressive Vocabulary Test, Third Edition
What do you think this test measures? If there were a U.K. version would you use it?
notes by Sue Partridge
What it measures:
- Receptive vocabulary
- Expressive vocabulary
- But only for spoken language, not necessarily for reading
- Receptive = matching a spoken word to a picture (multiple choice). It is like naming as in rapid naming tests.
- Expressive = being able to give a meaning of a word and talk about that meaning in some detail. So, this is like the WRIT Vocabulary subtest.
- A general vocabulary index is calculated by combining the two sub scores
- It compares scores for ages 5 – 89, so giving a standardised score, based on an overall sample of 1535 subjects, USA, 2011.
NB: you should receive an email asking you to confirm whether you want to subscribe.